Monday, February 15, 2010
How to Reboot the Economy and Jobs. Now
1. Over Inflated Salaries - in every industry and government over the past 20 years. Cut salaries by 10%, ...now. Government employee salaries should be cut 20%...now.
2. Do your homework - today most people are not students of their industry. People need to be "students of the Game". Read everything you can get your hands on. Newspapers, magazines, books of all subjects. Read new things. Everyday.
3. Tech’s Great...But - garbage in, garbage out. The only thing that has meaning is - Content, Content, Content.
4. Just Do Something - everybody cites the mantra - “ Pressed for Time”. Doing What? Accomplish something everyday.
5. Grow Your Mind/Body - Everyday. For the future. Grow Yourself. Change grows with you if you have passion for your job/industry.
6. Compete Physically - grow your mind/body. Run, cycle, swim, kayak, hike, walk paddle. Put intensity into your training. And, compete. Competing gives you a great winning business attitude. You don't have to win or be first when competing. Just Do it for your Mind/Body/
7. See the World - Travel. Don’t go on the same old vacation every year to the “Beach”. Open your eyes. Go! See! It will teach you about people, geography, businesss.
8. Attend the Arts - museums, art shows, music, history. Learning is easy if you open your eyes and mind.
9. Get Involved and Stay Involved - with family, people, news.
10. Be a mentor - mentors were always the key to smart training in business. Nobody has mentors. Nobody wants to be mentored because they think they know it all.
11. Stop, Stop, Stop, “Group Think” - the most destructive, unproductive talent destroying trend in business over the past twenty years. Nobody wants to be responsible. Avoid "Group Think" at all levels. Assign tasks to people who have the expertise, knowledge base, drive, temperament and experience to produce. And, succeed.
12. Do the Right Thing- In the end you answer to yourself. Do great work.